I am not really a fan of the term ‘New Years Resolution’ mainly because it sort of acts as though in the new year you will suddenly become a new person or something. Not only do I not like this because it is unsustainable to try and fundamentally change who you are. I also don’t this idea because it makes it sound as though there is something wrong with me as a person, I don’t that this is the case and I don’t think that anyone else should feel this way either.
There are some things that I could do to make my future life better however. For this reason, rather than making resolutions I am going to set myself a few goals for 2019.
- As I am going to be running 1,000 miles next year this has to be my number 1 goal and all my other fitness goals will be to support this one.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet – my diet isn’t usually that bad (with the exception of the last couple of months) but this will be more important when I am running as far as I will be in 2019 as it will help me keep strong and hopefully prevent injury.
- Do Yoga – This is something that I used to do but I haven’t done for about a year and a half. I find yoga to be relaxing and help with my flexibility so I am hoping this will help with running.
I would also like to get to a healthy weight this year but due to running being my primary focus this year in terms of fitness this isn’t something I am going to actively aim for. I have a feeling however that this might happen as a result of my other goals.
- Write regular blog posts and improve my writing skills.
- Improve my website
- Complete my first novel, this is something that I have wanted to do for a long time but have lacked the self confidence to do this
- Make sure I take some time to draw at least once a week
- Improve my drawing and digital drawing skills
- Learn some new drawing techniques
- Take more Pictures
- Learn more programming skills so that I can apply these to create things
- play more games
- Make new friends
- Have fun
This may seem like a lot of goals but as most of these are just to make improvements within these areas I feel as though they are still achievable. I will check back on these throughout the year to see how much progress I am making on these.